Meet Dr. Sip
Meet Michael Sip, D.M.D.
Michael A. Sip, D.M.D. is proud to maintain a progressive Dental Office. His standards for excellence require keeping up with the latest technology and continuing education. Dr. Sip feels that beautiful, long lasting restorations can only be achieved with the highest quality equipment and education.
Dr. Sip is driven to be the leading provider of high quality dentistry by being on the forefront of dental technologies and building relationships with his patients based on integrity and trust. At Sip Signature Dentistry, Dr. Sip practices all aspects of general dentistry on both children and adults, with a focus on individualized cosmetic and rehabilitative needs.
Dr. Sip’s education & career background
Dr. Sip graduated with high honors from the University of Florida College of Dentistry in 1999. As a result of his hard work and dedication, Dr. Sip was selected for membership in Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society. After serving 3 years of active duty as a Captain in the United States Army, Dr. Sip and his family started his Brandon dental practice in July 2002.
He has continued his education, focusing on comprehensive dentistry, by attending over 400 hours of advanced dental classes. Dr. Sip has completed training at the internationally acclaimed L.D. Pankey institute www.pankey.org . He utilizes this knowledge to achieve beautiful smiles, which improve the appearance and function of his patients. Dr. Sip was honored to be voted “Best of Brandon” in 2009 and to have won the Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year award in 2010.
Dr. Sip is delighted to be part of the Brandon-area community. He has lived in the Brandon area since 2002 and has three young children who attend Brandon area schools. Dr. Sip is an active leader in their community, his children’s schools, and his church. Dr. Sip’s passions are outdoor activities such as golf, tennis, and fishing. You may run into him at the golf course or with his family at the soccer field, football field, ce rink or gym. He enjoys traveling and even obtained his pilot’s license in 2006.
Dr. Sip’s philosophy is to focus on creating a positive and supportive experience for patients who will be proactive in their dental care. He treasures the strong relationships he has built with his patients and treats them as valued guests to his dental practice and part of his family. He works hard to provide each patient with the attentiveness and individualized dental care they deserve. Dr. Sip never rushes care or takes his patient’s time for granted.
- University of Florida College of Dentistry, Graduated 2nd in class with High Honors
Awards and Honors
- Award from the Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontists
- Award from the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- 2011 Finalist for Successful Doctors Award
- 2010 Small Business of the Year
- 2009 Best of Brandon
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Hillsborough County Dental Association, Member
- Florida Dental Association, Member
- American Dental Association, Member
- Academy of General Dentistry, Member
- Academy of CAD/CAM Dentistry, Member
- The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Member (completed all 4 levels of training)
- Membership committee for Brandon 86 Rotary Club
- Graduate of Brandon Chamber of Commerce 2007 Leadership Brandon class
- Participated on Honorary Mayor committee for Jake Piascik 2008, raising over $20,000 for local charities
- Volunteer at “Smile Fridays” delivering free dental care at Hillsborough Community College
- Provide free dental care for Baylife Church families in need
- Support Echo (Emergency Care Help Organization) through multiple food drives and dental donations
- Annual volunteer for Echo Quest
- Annual sponsor for Relay for Life team benefiting the American Cancer Society
- Sponsor fundraisers for FishHawk Creek Elementary School
Tina McCotter, Dental Hygienist
Tina has been part of our team since 1995. Tina graduated with Honors in 1988 from St. Petersburg College with an Associates of Science degree and is a member of the Dental Hygiene National Honor Society. As a dental hygienist, she enjoys working with the family of patients she has gotten to know throughout the years. She enjoys working at Sip Signature Dentistry because her team members always go out of their way to provide the best care for patients. Tina always goes the extra mile to make sure patients who have a fear of dentistry have a good, comfortable experience.